- Course Code: UKMG18CVB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 30 hours
- Qualification: Blogging and Vlogging Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
- How to choose the right platform for your blog
- How to make the decision between using a blog hosting service and hosting your own blog
- The main features and costs associated with six of the most commonly used blogging platforms
- How to secure a domain name and hosting, if you decide to set up a self-hosted blog
- Why producing high quality content should be your primary concern as a blogger
- The various kinds of blog post you may wish to publish to your blog
- How to devise ideas for your blog posts
- Why it is a good idea to plan your posts using a posting schedule or diary
- Why it is helpful to think of yourself as a member of a wider blogging community
- Where you can find other bloggers writing in your niche
- How you can attract more readers to your blog by networking with other bloggers
- Why including guest posts on your blog is a good strategy for increasing engagement and traffic
- Why you should maintain a social media presence on at least once social media website
- An overview of the most popular social media platforms for bloggers and how each can be used to attract new readers and engage with your existing audience
- The kind of content you can post to social media and how it can be used to engage readers
- How to use social media to devise new ideas for blog content
- Why effective blogs often make use of images and videos alongside text
- Different types of blog content that is often enhanced by visual media
- Legal issues to consider when using other peoples’ media in your blog
- How to produce your own memorable visual media for use on your site
- Why you should consider starting a blog if you have a business
- How you can use content to engage with existing customers and attract new prospects
- How building an email list via a blog can provide you with a new means of selling products
- How to strike a balance between maintaining a professional image and showcasing the personality of your business
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Vlogging Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Vlogging Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 14 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention