- Course Code: UKFEC16CPD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Qualification: Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Child Psychology Diploma
The Child Psychology Diploma will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed in this field in the United Kingdom. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know about child psychology and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
During childhood, there is a rapid development of the mind and body. This course will give you a full introduction to the study of child psychology, and as you work through the material, you will obtain a much deeper understanding of how psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
Introduction to the Child Psychology Diploma
This training course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to help you achieve your dream of working in the child psychology profession.
The child psychology diploma is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken down into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and, once passed, you will be awarded with your industry recognised certification, which you can download and print, or you can have posted to you at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The child psychology diploma is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your journey towards your new career.
This course includes:
- An introduction into child psychology. How psychologists work with children to improve their psychological states.
- Research and theories on child development and how to apply these theories.
- An overview of cognitive development, from infancy to adolescents.
- Information on genetics and the interaction between genes and the environment.
- The nature/nurture debate and the science supporting each side.
- Learn about a child’s physical development from birth and how the body prepares for adulthood.
- An overview of social development and how to support a child through these changes.
- The stages of emotional development and how it’s linked with a child’s performance at school.
- Learn about childhood intelligence concepts.
- Learn about the importance of a child’s early relationships.
- Language and communication milestones.
- How to improve self-esteem and confidence in children.
- Signs of behavioural problems and specific treatments.
- Understand why proper nutrition is important for a child’s development.
- The transition from adolescence into adulthood.
Benefits of the Child Psychology Diploma
There are so many benefits of completing your child psychology diploma online, these include:
- Study from anywhere and at any time that is suitable to you. You can study at home after work or during your lunch break.
- Study at your own pace, complete the course within days or months based on your current schedule and workload.
- Study using any device, from your PC when at home, to your tablet or mobile phone when on the move.
- The course is broken down into easy to manage modules to ensure the most enjoyable learning experience at all times.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience to ensure that you stay on track at all times.
- Learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which is guaranteed to give you the knowledge you need to fast track your career within the child psychology profession.
- Improve your prospects when applying for jobs in this field.
- Enjoy the added benefit of a certified diploma that you can trust.
- Affordable pricing structure.
- To learn that different theories are used in child development research
- To understand how each theory developed
- To learn about the similarities and differences between important theories
- To begin to understand which theories govern modern practices in child development
- To learn about the cognitive abilities of toddlers and preschoolers
- To understand Piaget's Theory as it applies to toddlers and preschoolers
- To learn about the preoperational stage of cognitive development
- To learn about toddlers, preschoolers and memory
- To learn about how cognitive development occurs in the teenage years
- To understand how adults can support cognitive development
- To understand how cognitive development changes from early to late adolescence
- To learn what Piaget theorised about cognitive development
- To learn about physical development from birth to two years old
- To understand the physical changes that occur from two to six years old
- To learn about what physical changes occur between the ages of seven to 11 years old
- To understand physical growth from the ages of 12 to 19
- To learn about the impact of separation and loss on child development in general
- To learn about the impact of these things on child development at different ages
- To understand how these effects change depending on the age of the child
- To understand how to minimise these effects
- To learn about the branch of the psychology field called educational psychology
- To understand the history of educational psychology
- To learn about different perspectives of educational philosophy
- To learn about how educational psychology approaches learning difficulties
I am 100% satisfied with the course I did
I have always been a bit sceptical about the idea of doing courses online but now I am a working mum of two and that was a chance to broaden my knowledge in the time and place I chose. I am 100% satisfied with the course I did – Level 3 Child Psychology.
The course was professionally prepared, packed with academic content but put in an approachable, friendly way. Worksheets were attached for better understanding of the harder units. The support was guaranteed as well.
I would highly recommend New Skills Academy. I have had a very positive experience. Thanks!
Dorota Kossobudzka – Desford
I’d rate it as 10/10
An enjoyable and informative course, with clear, digestible amounts of information. The worksheets help with understanding and remembering everything, and the whole course is well presented and easy to follow.
Being an online course it allowed me to work at my own pace, and with simple instructions to navigate through the modules, back tracking and repeating ones if I felt I needed too. I was also able to download and print off documents of information for my own files, so if I need to refer back to them I can.
I’d rate it as 10/10, and am looking at the next Level already!
Natasha Davy – Norwich
The Support Team’s responses were lightning fast
This was the first online course I’ve funded myself and I was apprehensive as you don’t really know what you’re going to get!
However, I’m happy to report that this course has given me a really good grounding in Child Psychology and has whet my appetite to pursue some of the content in more detail under my own steam.
When I had questions, the Support Team’s responses were lightning fast and reassuring and for the fee paid and the experience I’ve had this has been great value for money and a firm foundation on which to build in the future.
Thank you New Skills Academy!
Tom Shires – Heckmondwike
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 22 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 22 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 22 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 3 Child Psychology Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention