- Course Code: UKMGC17CSD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 40 hours
- Qualification: The Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Includes the Following Courses
The Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma
Please note: This course does not include the Sage software.
Sage 50 is one of the most common accounting packages used by small and medium-sized businesses around the world. Being easy to install and automatically updated to ensure that users act in line with the latest UK legislation, Sage 50 is a good choice for those moving from manual to computerised accounting. However, in order to get the best from Sage 50 it is important to become familiar with its functions and how to use them effectively. Once mastered, Sage 50 allows you to manage accounts, keep track of invoices, produce sales reports, and much more.
This special combined course will enable you to become a proficient user of Sage 50. Each of the three courses will provide you with step-by-step instructions that will enable you to carry out the most common accounting functions necessary in the day-to-day running of small to medium businesses. As Sage 50 is used across all sectors, this knowledge will be useful to anyone working in the financial side of a business. Below is an outline of what you can expect from this combined course.
What You Will Learn
This combined course includes the following elements:
- Sage 50 accounting for beginners
- Sage 50 accounts intermediate
- Sage 50 accounts advanced
The Sage 50 Beginners’ Course
This course teaches you the basics of account management and provides you with an overview of computerised accounting. You will learn the basic principles behind account-keeping within a business context and will be shown the advantages of the Sage 50 software. The course will guide you through your first experiences with Sage 50, demonstrating how to navigate the basic features whilst taking you through the process of entering new company information.
The course then addresses essential transactions and processes including bank reconciliation, managing petty cash, creating supplier records, and producing sales invoices. You will learn shortcut keys which will enable you to use Sage 50 in a more efficient manner. By the end of the course you will have gained an appreciation of accounting as a discipline alongside your practical knowledge of the software.
The Sage 50 Intermediate Course
This course builds on the concepts learned in the beginners’ course and assumes that you have a working knowledge of the basic features together with an understanding of simple transactions. You will begin by learning about accruals and prepayments, along with the calculation of assets and depreciation. You will not only learn how to undertake these more advanced transactions but also how to fix errors such as inaccurately processed assets.
Stock control and monitoring are also covered in depth, enabling you to manage stock levels with confidence. You will also learn how to create an audit trail for complex transactions such as those involving discounted items and credit notes.
The Sage 50 Advanced Course
This course moves beyond everyday transactions and emphasises the processes required in chasing debt and credit control. You will learn why quotations are important, and how they can improve sales. You will gain an understanding into how businesses recover credit and payment from customers, and how to keep accurate records during the process.
Audit trails are a key aspect of accurate accounting and you will gain further knowledge and insight into this process during the course. You will also gain a better understanding of budgeting, as well as how to correct common mistakes in record-keeping. Finally, you will also develop your skills in producing customised reports.
The Benefits of Our Complete Sage 50 Accounting Course
This course will give you a complete overview of all the main accounting tools Sage 50 offers, from the basic to the advanced. This will make you an attractive candidate for any position that entails company accounts including invoicing and debt management. You will not only be a proficient user of Sage 50 software, but you will also be able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how financial matters are controlled within a business.
Benefits of taking the Complete Sage 50 Accounting Diploma:
- Study at home and online
- Study at your own pace
- Access to full online support whilst completing the course
- Easy-to-read modules packed with information
- No entry requirements
- A chance to receive an accredited qualification upon completion
If you are in a position of responsibility for keeping company accounts within a small or medium-sized business, taking this combined course will ensure that you feel confident in completing everyday transactions on a regular basis.
- An understanding of the purpose of accounting in business;
- A perception of the importance of international standards in accounting practices;
- The conceptual frameworks of basic accounting practices;
- Statutory bodies in the UK that monitor accounting practices and financial reporting;
- How to access Sage 50 from the desktop;
- Introduction to classic and enhanced views;
- How Sage 50 helps business owners enjoy improved financial and accounting management (VAT, accounting, employee, investor, customer and supplier management);
- Enhanced features, including time management and diary integration.
Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- How to install a new company onto Sage 50;
- How to access and enter details, including business name, address, financial year, currency and VAT details;
- How to enter information regarding an existing company;
- How to restore backup files;
- What are shortcut keys and how to use them in Sage 50;
- A description of the important features of Sage 50 desktop and how to use them;
- How to find and drill down on transactions and print reports;
- Toolbars in the Report Preview and Report Selection window;
- How to create sales invoices in Sage 50;
- The key differences between invoices, receipts and pro forma invoices.
- How to enter relevant details in the different fields, including description, quantity and price;
- How to enter order details in an invoice or credit note;
Module 3 : Fixed Assets and Depreciation (Part II), Customer and Supplier Addresses and Purchase Orders (Part I)
- How to use the Asset Disposal Wizard and record sale of an asset;
- What to do if depreciation has been missed for a month;
- What to do if an asset has been recorded and processed inaccurately;
- How to re-index supplier and customer addresses;
- Setting up purchase order defaults in Sage 50;
- Specifying different options, such as invoice numbering and default invoice format;
- How to set up and calculate discounts on invoices and purchase orders;
- How to create purchase orders and edit the item line;
- How to incorporate stock adjustments using the FIFO or First-in-First-out rule;
- How to correct an incorrectly entered AI, using the exact method and the average cost price method in Sage 50;
- How to post stock out, using sales invoices, credits and sales orders;
- How to maintain stock levels, using the product shortfall and sales order shortfall options.
- Important reasons why businesses need to incorporate adjustments;
- Assembly levels and link levels of products and sub-components;
- How to use the ‘Check bill of material' (BOM) feature to track stock availability;
- How to check the BOM to which a sub-component belongs, and deleting a BOM;
- How to use dashboard views for credit control;
- Access to credit information using pie charts, bar charts and diary events on the dashboard view;
- How to use the Communications feature for improved credit control;
- How to use the Credit control reporting function;
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Sage 50 Accounts Advanced Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sage 50 Accounts Advanced Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention