- Course Code: UKVC18GDP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Qualification: GDPR Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
The GDPR still applies to the UK despite having now left the EU. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been retained in UK law with only some small changes. The key principles, rights and obligations remain the same. It is now known as the UK GDPR. In this course, 'GDPR' refers to both the EU and UK GDPR. Where the information relates specifically to the UK or EU GDPR, this will be referred to as UK GDPR or EU GDPR.
Over the years, the way companies and organisations collect, use and maintain data has changed dramatically. For example, the electronic storage of data is a relatively new concept and one that has not always been adequately addressed by existing legislation.
With these changes in mind, the European Union (EU) created the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Experts believe that it is one of the most important pieces of data protection legislation drafted within the last 20 years. It is important that everyone involved in the collection, storage and processing of personal data be aware of the GDPR and its implications. This course is an introduction to the scope and purpose of the GDPR.
You Will Learn:
- What the GDPR is, why it was introduced, when it came into effect, its relationship to previous legislation and who must comply with the new rules.
- The principles underlying the GDPR, the bases on which an organisation is permitted to collect and process data and how the GDPR makes provision for the handling of highly sensitive personal information.
- The rights granted to individuals under the GDPR and what this means for organisations who collect and process data.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If your job entails the regular collection, storage or handling of personal data, this course will provide you with an invaluable introduction to your obligations under the GDPR.
- If you own a business, this course will help you understand when and how you may collect data from clients and consumers and process it in a lawful manner.
- If you work in a management role, this course will help you advise members of your team with regards to handling and processing consumer data.
- If you are responsible for implementing data handling and processing policies at your place of work, this course will give you a good starting point from which to draft them.
- If you are interested in consumer rights and privacy law, the information in this course will be of general interest to you.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the GDPR Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the GDPR Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention