- Course Code: UKFEC16HAD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Qualification: Hair Diploma & Salon Management
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Hair Stylist Diploma
Anyone who wants to enjoy the rewarding career of a hair stylist will benefit from this information packed online course which is overflowing with valuable advice, tips and more to give you the knowledge you need to work in the hair industry. The course is designed to give you all the skills and knowledge you will need in this line of work to provide your clients with the best advice and service, helping you build your career or start your very own hair salon.
Introduction to the Hair Diploma
This diploma is for anyone who wants a career in the hair industry, whether you want to start your own salon or work in a salon as a stylist. You will find the course very easy to use and understand. The course is broken down into twenty seven easy to manage modules, each one providing you with valuable information you can start using in the workplace without delay.
On completion of this course, which you can access online with any device, you receive your certification which is industry recognised. All certifications can be verified via the website, giving prospective employers complete peace of mind when confirming your credentials.
What You Will Learn
This course is overflowing with information relating to the hairdressing industry. During the course you will be taken through twenty seven modules, each one focusing on another important element of the industry.
Some of the things you can expect to learn when taking this course include:
- Learn why hairdressing is such a rewarding career
- Identify with hairdressing from pre-historic times
- Get insight into the evolution of hair styling from around the world from Egypt to Greece and Africa to Rome
- Information on training as an apprentice hairdresser in the United Kingdom
- What NVQ qualifications you will need to become a hair stylist in the United Kingdom
- Job availability within the UK
- Understand the anatomy of hair
- Know how hair grows along with its life cycle
- Know what parts of the hair determine colour and texture
- Learn the importance of client consultations
- Identify what equipment you are going to need
- Know the different types of combs and brushes
- Get insight into why shampoo is so important
- Learn about hair protein treatments, straightening creams, hair sprays and more
- Gain valuable information on client communications
- Know about front office etiquette and the best way to handle a client consultation
- Understand how to work with different hair types
- Enjoys tips and advice on how to run a successful salon
- Know why it is so important to base hairstyle on face shape
- Understand the different facial shapes
- Know how to shampoo and condition hair in a professional manner
- Enjoy step by step procedures to conditioning hair effectively
- Learn more about the hair dryer along with essential blow drying techniques
- Benefit from step by step hair styling techniques
- Gain insight into hair colouring techniques
- Get a good understanding of the different hair styling tips for special occasions and weddings
- Learn the different hair styles for children
- Identify with different hair up styling techniques and braiding
- Know everything there is about hair extensions
- Learn how to set prices
- Gain valuable insight into the importance of hygiene within the salon environment
- Know the importance of customer service
- Get tips and advice on setting up your own hair salon
- Learn some useful marketing strategies
- Get information on managing costs, forms and more
There are numerous benefits to taking this course online. The hair stylist diploma will provide you with a solid foundation to start your career in the hairdressing industry. Some of the benefits you can enjoy when choosing this diploma are:
- Complete all coursework online
- Study at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home
- Enjoy online support
- Access coursework on any device
- Lifetime access to modules
- The course is broken into easy to manage modules
- Fast track your career
I’ve learnt so much. Very pleased. Would highly recommend.
If your looking for a refresher or new career then this is a Fantastic site for courses. This is the second course I’ve done on this site and there very in depth and I’ve learnt so much. Very pleased. Would highly recommend.
Will be looking to do more courses in the future. Not only have I achieved two diplomas but I’ve got new services to offer in my salon for all my clients. Great time of year to have completed with christmas around the corner, my salons never been so busy and even taken bookings for 2017 already.
Would recommend to all!
Tammy Jarrett – Leeds
I really enjoyed the course and would recommend this to my friends.
I really enjoyed the course and would recommend this to my friends.
I completed a City and Guilds Certificate 40 years ago and was looking at bringing my skills up to date. This gave me the encouragement and insight to what I needed to go back into hairdressing. I understand the importance of keeping my skills up to date and would like to study further in styling, hair treatment and colouring.
Thank you very much I enjoyed the 27 modules attached to the course. I particularly enjoyed the videos attached to the course and have always enjoyed putting hair up for special occasions such as weddings.
Margaret Whitehead – Glenrothes
Since taking this course it has given me the chance I wanted and boosted my confidence.
I have always wanted to do hairdressing but never had the confidence. Since taking this course it has given me the chance I wanted and boosted my confidence.
There is lots of information and videos and you can always re-cap if needed.
Chris Peel – Gwynedd
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Hair Stylist Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 27 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 27 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 27 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Hair Stylist Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention