- Course Code: UKVC20IFP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2 hours
- Qualification: Influencing People Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
When you learn how to positively influence people, you can become an empowering and effective leader. In today’s increasingly global, competitive and diverse workplaces, the ability to influence people and foster collaboration is more important than ever. While manipulation or coercion produce negative outcomes, the art of influencing people can help both the employees and the organisation in several ways.
Ultimately, your ability to influence people helps you achieve outcomes and get things done in a positive way. The art of influencing others is a core leadership skill that plays a crucial part in every role.
What You Will Learn in This Course:
- How it’s possible to influence people across cross-functional teams and across layers of the organisation
- The different results produced by positively influencing people
- How employees and businesses alike benefit from positive influencing techniques
- The role of different factors that catalyse the art of influence and how they work
- How to use persuasive communication and engage in give and take relationships to achieve objectives
- For senior executives, the course can help you use your influence to steer long-term goals
The Benefits of This Course:
- An understanding of how you can become a better leader and motivate your team to work better and harder
- Gaining deeper insights into how manipulation and coercion can interfere with achieving objectives and backfire
- The ability to brush up on effective tips and techniques that help you engage and listen better and motivate you to share your enthusiasm with others
- As an aspiring leader, you learn to extend your influence with your peers, superiors and subordinates
- It will help you use subtle influencing methods, where direct authoritative techniques may not work as well
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Influencing People Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Influencing People Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention