- Course Code: UKVC21ITC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 6 hours
- Qualification: Introduction to Childcare Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The role of a childcarer is a very important and highly rewarding one. It is also one which has many regulations and skills to understand and, without the proper knowledge, it is very difficult to be successful in the industry.
This course provides you with everything you need to know to begin or further your journey in the world of childcare.
We cover the duties, responsibilities and various environments associated with childcare to help you get both an objective and in-depth subjective view of the different jobs available. We go into full detail about the legislative and regulatory requirements of the job, focusing on the importance of equality and diversity in childcare as well as a step-by-step guide to registering as a childcarer in the UK.
The child-centred and coordinated approaches to childcare are explained in full and we also describe the fundamentals of child safeguarding and how to apply them in your career. The importance of maintaining professional boundaries, legally working with children alone and how to deal with allegations either against yourself or other people are also discussed, and we go deeper into legal requirements as they relate to transporting children, handling their data and regulating their media intake.
Lastly, we delve into child behaviour by analysing common disorders, how to recognise them and provide you with a complete guide to behavioural management techniques for children.
You will Learn:
- The duties and responsibilities of a childcarer
- The various environments in which childcarers can find employment
- The legislation and regulations for childcarers and how to register successfully in the UK
- The industry standard child-centred and coordinated approaches to childcare
- The golden rules of safeguarding and how to apply them in your role
- How to operate legally by maintaining personal boundaries, understanding how and when you may work alone with children, and how to deal with allegations
- How to operate legally and acceptably within the industry when transporting children, dealing with their data, and controlling their media intake
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Improve your current childcare skillset and further your career
- Avoid any serious legal implications by operating within the law
- Impress any interviewer by understanding childcare fundamentals and industry standards
- Form a deep and meaningful bond with the children you care for, making you better at your job and more in demand in the industry
- Understand children better and get the best out of them while caring for them
- Give parents peace of mind by doing the best possible job of caring for their beloved children
- The importance of including equality and diversity in childcare
- The legislative and regulatory requirement for childcarers
- Registering as a childcarer - When you must, when you can’t, and when you don’t have to
- A guide to Ofsted, including the registration process
- The child-centred approach and how to apply it to childcare
- The various dangers children face / Warning signs to look out for in vulnerable and high-risk children
- The rights that all children have
- The coordinated approach to childcare and how all parties must work together to keep children safe
- How to communicate effectively and appropriately with children
- The rules for physical, social and sexual contact with children
- Working alone with children and what the law and the industry standards say
- Dealing with allegations in situations where you or another party are accused of hurting a child
- The principles of transporting children
- Drivers duties, vehicle requirements, risk assessment
- UK rules regarding securing the child in the vehicle and the different regulation for different ages and sizes
- Ensuring that children consume online and traditional media safely while in your care
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Introduction to Childcare Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 8 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 8 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 8 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Childcare Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention