- Course Code: UKFEC16MED
- Location: N/A
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Legal Secretary Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Legal Secretary Diploma
Working in the legal sector doesn't require you are a lawyer, a top level attorney or a paralegal. You can make a difference by being a member of the important support team. Legal secretaries are organised, they provide essential support to attorneys and assist them daily to help them manage their case load and achieve success. This can be a very rewarding career and if you are looking for a position that is exciting, fast paced and challenging, then this may be the right choice for you.
Introduction to Legal Secretary Diploma
The legal secretary diploma is a set in the direction of securing the career you are looking for. Fifteen hours of study will give you the tools, skills and knowledge needed to apply and be chosen for a position of this nature in a legal firm anywhere in the United Kingdom, possibly the world.
This diploma is studied online at your own pace. The information packed course is broken down into easy to manage and learn modules, which can be studies using any device linked to the internet. What is even better is you have lifetime access to the modules should you ever want to refresh your knowledge during your career.
On successful completion and passing of the course you will be awarded an industry recognized certificate. Any potential employers can verify your certificate on our website for confirmation and peace of mind.
What you will learn
The legal secretary diploma is designed to provide you with essential information, advice and techniques you can learn to ensure you can be productive in this role within any legal firm. The course is brimming with information to ensure you get an all-round learning experience. Some of the things you can expect to learn when taking the legal secretary diploma online include:
- Learn more about the legal secretary role. What you will be expected to do, general duties and operations.
- Get an understanding on the basic legal proofreading and writing skills you will need to be effective in this role.
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality.
- Get a firm understanding regarding the English legal system. This will prove beneficial when working in a fast paced legal firm anywhere in the country.
- Learn about the various court systems and structures.
- Understand what legal aid is, who is eligible and how this applies to you.
- Learn more about civil litigation and how it works.
- Improve your typing skills along with audio skills to ensure productivity on a daily basis in a legal secretary role.
- Get a firm understanding on will and probate law, enabling you to be more involved and provide your team with the best possible support each day.
- Make use of the tips on how to find legal secretary positions, where to look and how to secure an interview.
There are so many benefits to completing this course if you have a passion to work in the legal sector as a legal secretary. Some of the benefits you can expect to enjoy include:
- Fast track your career.
- Gain the skills you need to secure your dream job.
- Take advantage of a comprehensive syllabus which is broken into easy to learn and manage modules.
- Enjoy information packed modules which are easy to learn and understand.
- Study at your own pace online.
- The full course is online, enabling you to study at any time of the day or night.
- Work full time while you complete your studies and gain your diploma.
- Secure an industry recognized certification.
- Enjoy the fact your certificate is one hundred percent verifiable.
- No entry requirements
- Lifetime access to modules to refresh your knowledge at any time.
- Online support throughout your study experience
- Affordable price
- Study using any device – computer, laptop, tablet or phone. Study on your way to work or on your way home as long as you have access to the internet.
- Managing letters and post
- How to take messages
- Filing and preparation of forms and documents
- Billing, invoicing and
- Legal writing mistakes
- Tips and insights on correct legal writing
- Punctuation, capitalisation, italics, numerals
- Form paragraphs and form files
- What is confidentiality and why is it important?
- Implementing confidentiality in a law office
- How to maintain confidentiality
- Records safety and security
- Introduction to the English legal system
- Aspects of UK law
- History of the English legal system
- Laws governing debt recovery, bailiffs, default notices
- Understanding court systems in the UK
- Supreme Court, High Court, Crown Court, technology and Construction Court
- Queen's Bench, Court of Protection, County Courts, magistrates' courts
- Queen's Bench, Court of Protection, County Courts, magistrates' courts
- Aims and objectives of legal aid
- Eligibility for legal aid
- Civil legal advice
- Legal aid in criminal cases
- Civil litigation initial procedures
- Pre-action protocols, Civil Procedure Rules (CPR)
- Out of Court settlements
- Claim forms and Particulars of Claim
- Explanation of terms: Deed, Freehold, Leasehold
- Registration of land
- Submission of forms for searches
- Title information documents
- Basic contents of a Will
- Executors, codicils
- Grant of Probate and Grant of Letters of Administration
- Form IHT 200, 205, D18, D21, etc.
- Starting legal proceedings in matters relating to family law
- Divorce petitions and facts of evidence
- Court Action
- Affidavit in support of the Petition
- Starting proceedings in criminal cases
- Different types of crimes
- Magistrates' Court and Crown Courts
- Warrants, Summons and witness statements
- How to start a company
- Types of business entities
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association, company seal
- Licensing Act 2003 and the period prior to the Act
- Objectives of licensing regulations
- Premises Licence
- Personal Licence
- Appeals against criminal cases
- Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Appeals against civil cases
- Skeleton Arguments
- How a legal secretary can help the fee earner
- Important skills
- Setting up new client appointments
- Dictation and Transcription
- Importance of legal secretaries
- The job seeking process
- What prospective law firms are looking for
- Writing an effective cover letter
What our students have to say…
I am really enjoying doing this course
I am really enjoying doing this course. I like the way that you can do it at your own pace. There are helpful tools to offer you an insight of how to progress further after completing the course. I would definitely recommend courses from this company to others.
Fay Nelson-Ewen – Liverpool
This course has enabled me to pursue the job path that I have been dreaming of
This course has enabled me to pursue the job path that I have been dreaming of since the age of 12 at an affordable rate and a quick pace due to the help of online staff.
I would recommend this course to anyone looking to become a legal secretary and looking to learn more than what is needed!
Jade Warner – Tonbridge
This course means I can take my career in a new direction
Thanks to this course I can take my career in a new and improved direction. After sustaining injuries where I have to be wheelchair bound I thought career prospects were slim. But now I have qualified I have hope again.
This course is amazingly well structured in such a way that it enabled me to memorise everything and in my own time, and explained in terms everyone could understand, the modules were short and to the point with very little unneeded information and at a great price too!
Online support staff were amazing, they couldn’t help enough. Messages were sent within 20 minutes and were extremely accurate. The final exam was easy and gave me plenty of time to complete with 30 questions and 30 minutes to answer (although only 10 minutes were needed), after ordering my certificate it was delivered within 48 hours. It looks amazing and the quality is great too.
Emily Zivtins – Cambridgeshire
I wish I had started sooner!
Enrolled in Legal Secretary Diploma course and absolutely love it! The course is well laid out, easy to follow at any pace and is full of information that is fit for the purpose.
I can fit learning around my work and family life. I wish I had started sooner!
Rachida Zahouani, London
Thoroughly recommend to anyone
I am 3/4 the way through my Legal Secretary Diploma Course, I have studied full time and it has taken me about a week (few hours per day) Very informative course which makes you memorise each module well, with worksheets at the end of each module.
Gave a brilliant knowledge base into the different areas of Law and the secretaries roles within them. I have never done an online course before as thought they were not very credible, but this they are good providing you are willing to put the work in, all the information is provided for you , you just need to use it.
Thoroughly recommend to anyone who has some spare time and wants to expand their legal knowledge – this course is not just for legal secretaries!!
Georgia Smith – Hullbridge
I am really enjoying it
Very excellent learning and very good work. I am really enjoying it and growth in my mind set. If you have a methodical approach to your work, and you’re interested in Law, then becoming a Legal Secretary could be the perfect career move for you.
The main role of a Legal Secretary is to provide administrative support and services for Lawyers, Solicitors and Legal Executives. It is their job to ensure that an office runs smoothly and efficiently, enabling their employers to focus on serving their clients.
It is not a necessary requirement to have a degree to become a Legal Secretary. However, it is recommended to have some qualifications specific to the industry.
Muhammad Irshad – Lahore, Pakistan
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Level 3 Legal Secretary Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 17 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 17 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 17 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 3 Legal Secretary Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention