- Course Code: UKFEC16MIN
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Qualification: Mindfulness Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Mindfulness course provides a comprehensive introduction to the art of mindfulness and the real life physical and emotional benefits that it offers to those who practise it.
From learning about mindfulness history, through to the situations it can help with, and exercises to follow and practise, students will receive a thorough grounding in this simple but highly effective antidote for the stress of modern life.
This online mindfulness course provides students with the opportunity to cover the mindfulness diploma’s curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to complete the course in a reasonable amount of time while continuing to work full time.
As this course is online, this diploma is accessible from any device with an internet connection, and you will have access to online support throughout your study.
Before completing the mindfulness course, you must pass a comprehensive test, covering the curriculum in detail, which will lead to the award of your diploma. You can download and print the diploma yourself at home, or we can post it to you for a small additional cost.
Mindfulness Training - What You Will Learn
This Mindfulness Diploma has been designed to give students a comprehensive introduction into the art of mindfulness and will set you on the route to a calmer, happier, more fulfilling life.
This course will cover:
- What mindfulness is, its history, and its relevance in modern life
- The role of meditation in mindfulness, its benefits, and dispelling the myths
- What Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) are, and their benefits
- The role of Hatha yoga stretches
- The clinical applications of MBSR and MBCT and the conditions they can help manage, their similarities and differences
- The impact of emotions on physical health
- How mindfulness can improve our daily lives, and how to reprogramme persistent negative thinking and automatic reactions
- Mindfulness and parenting
- How mindfulness can improve leadership and management skills
- How to become a mindfulness instructor in the UK
- Mindfulness exercises to put into practice
Benefits of the online Mindfulness Course
The Mindfulness Diploma offers students the following benefits:
- The ability to study anywhere at times that suit you
- Study at your own pace, with no deadlines. Complete it as quickly or as slowly as you like
- Use any internet enabled device to study from, including computers, tablets and mobile phones
- Follow the e-learning course easily thanks to short, informative modules, which make studying fun
- A convenient online support system, helping you to stay on track throughout the course
- A comprehensive curriculum, providing you with the knowledge and skills you need to practise mindfulness in your life
- Earning a certified, recognised diploma
- An affordable cost
- Detailed insights into the use of MBSR and MBCT as clinical interventions;
- The rationale behind using mindfulness-based interventions for the treatment of depression;
- The core therapeutic components of mindfulness-based interventions;
- The use of MBCT for cancer patients;
New Skills Academy is highly recommended as an online study organisation
Well structured and easy to follow coursework. My queries were answered promptly and were clearly not stock Q&A responses so I felt I had been given real support.
The test at the end was unexpected as the end of module tests were self marking. As it was a timed test that covered every aspect of the course but in a random way which meant one had to pay attention and read the questions carefully!
I feel I have achieved something and will certainly follow up with another course. New Skills Academy is highly recommended as an online study organisation, as well.
Moi Watson – Marlborough
Perfect for me
It’s a great course and really can recommend it for anyone who would love to bring a drop of good into this world. Making people aware how to handle the stress level and help them feel better is easily done. This course was a great step for me to become a teacher and help others.
The course was in good steps, easily explained, also with daily life examples you could easily imagine. Perfect for me that you could schedule it the way you needed it and wanted it, you are not under pressure or fixed dates to complete each level.
Sabrina Fuchschuber – Shotts
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Mindfulness Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 9 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 9 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 9 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Mindfulness Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention