- Course Code: UKVC21PFA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Qualification: Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
This course will teach you many of the important aspects of paediatric first aid training.
After any serious accident or life-threatening incident, there is a small window of time for keeping a child alive and avoiding further complications, even if the child survives. If the first person on the scene is qualified to identify and treat these conditions, then the child will have a far greater chance of survival.
This course will teach you the basics of being a paediatric first aider. However, in order to take full advantage of this course, you should enrol for a practical course, whereby you can apply what you have learnt. Search online for training in your local area.
You will Learn:
- How to keep a child alive by using CPR
- How to conduct a primary and secondary survey to ensure that the optimum care is given, and nothing is missed
- How to stop severe bleeding and choking, which are immediately life-threatening
- How to identify serious health conditions, such as meningitis, before they become life-threatening
- How to identify and treat serious accidents
- How to identify and treat minor injuries and accidents
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- You will be empowered to save lives in the case of an emergency
- You will have an ability which will add an extra dimension to your career as a teacher or childminder
- You will be more employable and in demand by employers
- You will have a valuable life skill, which could be applied in many emergency situations
- You will be able to bring a broader spectrum of proficiency into your career or develop further career opportunities
- Even if you do this as a parent, you will be more competent to deal with household accidents and emergencies
- You will be more aware of risks and dangers and will be able to create a safer environment
- The nature of secondary injuries
- How to recognise and treat burns and scalds
- The nature and treatment of head injuries
- How to identify and secure broken bones for transport to the hospital / How to identify and secure a spinal injury for transport to the hospital
- Recognise and treat asthma and allergies, including anaphylactic shock / Recognise uncontrolled diabetes and be able to handle paediatric seizures
- Respond to a very high fever and identify infections such as sepsis and meningitis / Recognise sickle cell anaemia
- Treat strains and sprains, nosebleeds and hyperventilation
- Offer life-saving support for electric shock, drowning incidents, poisoning, smoke inhalation and hypothermia
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Paediatric First Aid Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Paediatric First Aid Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention