- Course Code: UKFEC16TAD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 20 hours
- Qualification: Teaching Assistant Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Teaching Assistant Course
The teaching assistant diploma course will provide you with all the knowledge you need to succeed as a teaching assistant in the United Kingdom. This information packed training course gives you everything you will need to know to secure a position within the teaching industry and push yourself forward in your chosen career.
Introduction to the Teaching Assistant Diploma
This teaching assistant course is offered online, which gives you the ability to study at your own pace and in your own time. You can still work a full time position while studying to get the certification you need to secure your dream position in the teaching industry.
The teaching assistant diploma course is accessible on any device with access to the internet, complete with online support throughout your training. The course comprises of a comprehensive syllabus broken into easy and manageable modules.
On completion of the level 2 teaching assistant course you will be required to complete a multiple choice test and once passed you will be awarded with your industry recognised certification, which you can download and print or you can have posted to you at an additional cost.
Teaching Assistant Course - What You Will Learn
The teaching assistant diploma is designed to provide you with a complete overview, enabling you to start your new position in the education industry in the shortest period of time. This course includes:
- The role of the teaching assistant along with valuable information about the position.
- Get a good understanding on schools, including hierarchy and curriculums throughout the country.
- Learn best practices when working in a classroom.
- Identify different student behaviours and how to deal with them.
- Understand various learning activities and how to use them to support the curriculum.
- Learn the different school policies, laws and welfare of children in the United Kingdom.
- Have a good understanding of literacy and how to support pupils.
- Learn about numeracy and its importance in everyday life.
- Get a good understanding on why play is so important and how it is important in education.
- Learn about health and safety and first aid in the school environment.
- Get information on working with children with special needs.
- Learn how to support talented children in your classroom.
- Get valuable insight into working with children whose first language is not English, along with the benefits of being bilingual.
- The course will teach you how to handle children with different behavioural issues, along with the personal development of children moving forward.
- Understand how to engage parents in their children's learning and the importance thereof.
- Get an understanding of various extracurricular activities and how you can assist with them.
- Learn the importance of working as a team and how to support your teacher to ensure that the children receive the best education at all times when in your care.
Benefits of the Teaching Assistant Diploma
There are so many benefits of completing your teaching assistant diploma online, these include:
- Study from anywhere and at any time that is suitable to you. You can study at home after work or during your lunch break.
- Study at your own pace, complete the course within days or months based on your current schedule and workload.
- Study using any device, from your PC when at home, to your tablet or mobile phone when on the move.
- The course is broken into easy to manage modules to ensure the most enjoyable learning experience at all times.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support throughout your study experience to ensure that you stay on track at all times.
- Learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which is guaranteed to give you the knowledge you need to fast track your career within the education industry.
- Improve your prospects when applying for teaching assistant positions.
- Enjoy the added benefit of a certified diploma that you can trust.
- Affordable pricing structure.
- To learn how to train as a teaching assistant in the UK
- To understand the different roles a teaching assistant may take on
- To learn about the different ways a teaching assistant can support a classroom
- To learn about how the position of teaching assistant is evolving
- To learn about the most recent research done in education in the UK
- To learn about best practices when working in the classroom
- To learn about best practices when preparing for class
- To learn about best practices when facilitating interventions
- To understand how learning activities can support the curriculum
- To understand which learning activities might support critical thinking skills
- To understand which learning activities might support creative thinking skills
- To understand how to use learning activities to encourage the development of social skills
- To learn about common law care, statutory care and school policies
- To learn how obligations towards pupil wellbeing have evolved
- To learn about the different laws that govern child welfare in the UK
- To learn about the school's role in ensuring child welfare in the UK
- To understand the importance of literacy in the National Curriculum
- To have a fuller understanding of what literacy is
- To learn the different roles that teaching assistants play in supporting literacy
- To learn about different methods of supporting literacy
- To understand what numeracy is
- To understand the importance of numeracy in daily life
- To learn about ways that teaching assistants support numeracy in the classroom
- To learn about different methods for supporting the mathematics curriculum
- To understand the importance of information and communication technology in the classroom
- To understand what constitutes information and communication technology
- To understand the importance of perpetual training in classroom technology
- To learn about health and safety procedures for classroom technology
- To learn about different types of disabilities
- To learn about how some types of disabilities and needs overlap
- To understand the importance of learning about an individual pupil's disability or needs
- To learn how to support different disabilities and needs in the classroom
- To learn about who gifted and talented pupils are
- To learn the teaching assistant's role in identifying gifted and talented pupils
- To learn the teaching assistant's role in supporting gifted and talented pupils
- To learn about designing learning tasks for gifted and talented pupils
- To understand the benefits and advantages a bilingual student may have
- To learn how the primary language can help students learn English
- To learn how to effectively teach a student who has English as an additional language
- To learn how to set up an effective learning environment for these students
- To learn about bad behaviour and where it comes from
- To learn how to proactively deal with bad behaviour
- To learn how you might provide pastoral support to your pupils
- To learn about ways that you can encourage personal development in pupils
- To understand what research says about engaged parents and students
- To understand the common barriers of parent engagement
- To learn how students, parents and teachers feel about parent involvement
- To learn how to get past common barriers of parent engagement
- To understand what learning activities are
- To learn about different types of learning activities
- To learn what criteria makes a great learning activity
- To learn the role of the teaching assistant in planning learning activities
- To understand why extracurricular activities are important
- To learn about different types of extracurricular activities
- To learn about the role of the teaching assistant in extracurricular activities
- To learn how to interact with pupils outside of the classroom
- To learn about the benefits of effective communication with colleagues
- To learn how to define a good working relationship
- To understand how to begin relationships with support and administrative staff
- To learn how to deal with difficult colleagues through communication
Module 19: Confidentiality, Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding, Promoting Equality & Diversity With Students
- To understand the importance of confidentiality and information sharing
- To learn how to provide equal learning opportunities to all students
- To understand best practices in safeguarding students in school
- To know what legislation has been enacted to protect certain individuals
What our students have to say…
Now on my way to my career
I enjoyed doing this course and I highly recommend it to everybody. Thank you very much. Very helpful online teachers there 24/7 would do another course in a blink of an eye, easy set up and very helpful, now on my way to my career. Happy me.
Diana Dixon – Deal
Will give you all the information you need to be able to pursue the career of Teaching Assistant
This is a fantastic course, it is incredible value for money and it will give you all the information you need to be able to pursue the career of Teaching Assistant.
Being able to do it all in your own time makes it a lot less stressful if you’re trying to fit it around work and life in general and the addition of worksheets throughout helps you see which areas need improvement before you take the final test.
Jack Whitcher – Swindon
I really enjoyed the course
An amazing opportunity to improve my skills and easy to access. I really enjoyed the course! I think it s an excellent way to learn and improve yourself.
Thanks to this amazing course my self-esteem is growing up and I feel capable to start a new job and a new life. Constantly I am studying and I hope to be successful in the future.
Grazia Marino – Manchester
This course is very well written and understandable
I decided to change career and few of my friends did similar on line courses and now work as teaching assistants.
This course is very well written and understandable.There is a lot of important information,all the chapters are well proportioned and enjoyable to read and understand.
I really liked worksheets on the end of modules which give you chance to summarise all the important parts in each module.I can recommend this course to anyone who would be interested in becoming teaching assistant.
Zuzana Duru – London
I recommend for everyone who wants broaden their knowledge
I my opinion it is the best idea for people who working full time. You can start anytime you want, all files you can keep to learning. You are boss yourself:-)
The platform is available anytime, I can back to module if I forgot something. I recommend for everyone who wants broaden their knowledge.
Aleksandra Szczepaniak – Leicester
I have access to this information forever
A brilliant course which was very informative and I really enjoyed it. Very difficult test at the end so you do really need to read through every module to do the test and pass it.
I will be recommending it to all my friends for sure. The bonus is I have access to this information forever. So I can revisit it anytime I like, how great is that??? I think its amazing personally.
Jay Harper – Lichfield
Packed full of very helpful information
This course is very comprehensive. It is packed full of very helpful information to aid the Teaching assistant to use his or her skills and knowledge to the full.
If this course is being taken by those who have no knowledge of being a TA, then in my honest opinion they would certainly know about the role when they finish.
I do like the online tests at the end. It does make you think and definitely reinforces what material has just been read. It is also an incentive when seeing a ‘grade’ to realise how much has been taken in thus encouraging enthusiasm to proceed to the next module.
In all I would say that this course is certainly worth doing, I’m enjoying it and what it has to offer.
Samantha Morgans – Ipswich
Thank you so much New Skills Academy, I can’t wait to start on my next course
Thoroughly loved studying this course! After stepping completely out of my comfort zone with a career change I thought this course would take me forever! But it didn’t and I did it! Super happy and my new employer will be thrilled that I have my new qualification and certificate to prove it!
This course is incredible and taught me all about areas I didn’t even realise existed within the teaching world. Also with me doing this course, it actually helped me with getting the job that I currently have within a primary school.
Thank you so much New Skills Academy, I can’t wait to start on my next course; Level 2 SEN Diploma! Thank you!
Hannah Sewell – Leicester
I would definitely recommend this way of learning
I chose this course because it fits in around my family life and current work obligations. It does exactly what it says on the tin. Access to the course is easy, the language used in the course is easy to understand, and being able to take things at my own pace is ideal.
I like that the modules can be printed out, so important areas can be highlighted, and that modules can be re-visited as many times as necessary. I’m enjoying the course, and look forward to completing it so I can apply for some jobs in 2018.
I would definitely recommend this way of learning to anyone who would like to learn something new whilst still being able to work.
Debbie Lamb – Cardiff
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Level 2 Teaching Assistant Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 20 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 20 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 20 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 2 Teaching Assistant Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention