- Course Code: UKVC21SFC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Qualification: The Self-Care Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The purpose of this course is to help support you in taking ownership of your own wellbeing and looking after yourself the best you can.
We will guide you through ways in which you can help yourself mentally, nutritionally, physically, socially and through prioritising. The course will look at practical methods for self-coping on all levels and will offer guidance on how you can tie it all together by creating a healthy day-to-day routine and setting manageable, achievable, realistic and healthy goals.
We will cover issues including how to ease isolation and loneliness; finding motivation while faced with the monotony of working from home; coping with heightened anxiety induced by not being able to work at home, or from being at higher risk, or from protecting those at risk in the community generally; managing the cabin fever of family dynamics; establishing healthy boundaries; enduring separation from loved ones and coping with grief.
The course will offer simple, practical ways to help you cope with these various issues, as well as signpost you to resources that can offer you further help, should you feel you need it.
You will Learn:
- How to build and maintain a healthy mindset
- What to recognise as warning signs your mental health may need further support
- How to help your body regulate some of the hormones essential for good mental health
- How to become more conscious as to healthy ways to manage social challenges
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Feeling empowered that you are taking a proactive step towards better wellbeing for you, and for those around you
- Improving your mental, physical, social and habitual health and feel better equipped to manage the many challenges you may face
- Feeling better able to support loved ones and your community; a healthy and balanced person is always better able to support those around them, so prioritising self-care really does help others as well as yourself
- How your mindset is crucial to creating and maintaining good mental wellbeing
- How you can work on your mindset to make shifts and changes to help you align yourself better with the healthiest version of you
- Better awareness of mental health in general, and what to look for in yourself or those around you if you perceive you/they are struggling and need further support
- Where to seek further support
- Ways to tackle isolation and loneliness, whether you are living alone yourself, or supporting those who do
- Why it’s essential to put in place some healthy boundaries to protect your personal ‘me-time’
- Why it’s more important than ever to communicate consciously and effectively with those around you, and some easy ways to do so
- How to navigate the increase in social screen time due to home-working and • Why retaining a sense of community is important and how you can feel a sense of belonging
- How best to understand nutrition as a holistic endeavour and way to support your wellbeing
- The core principles of what to eat and what to avoid to attain a healthy balanced diet
- How to become more conscious of your dietary habits, and how to address problem areas
- Good practice for how to handle and prepare food to minimise any risks of contamination
- How and why exercise is so beneficial to our overall wellbeing and contributes so significantly to our mental and physical health
- How to embrace home-based exercise and experience real meaningful gains without going anywhere near the gym - inspired ways to get active at home
- How to listen to your body, avoid over-training and focus on the kind of exercise that will best support your individual needs
- How to prioritise your highest areas of need
- How to set SMART goals in each category and work towards them flexibly and sustainably
- How to avoid the pitfalls of routine creation – avoiding perfectionism, sabotage and procrastination to ensure you are able to step into your healthiest, best cared-for self over the coming weeks and months
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Self-Care Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Self-Care Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention