- Course Code: UKFEC17TRM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: Transport Management Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Transport Management Diploma Course
The Transport Management Diploma course contains all the knowledge and information necessary for anyone who wishes to work in the transport industry in the UK, and even abroad. This training course contains all of the facts required to become a successful transport manager in any sector of the industry, whether freight or passenger, on land, rail, water, or in the air.
From learning about what transport management is and the skills needed to make a success of the role, to an overview of the transport infrastructure in the UK, through to understanding the challenges and trends facing the transport industry, and the transport manager’s role in health and safety, this course will guide you through all you need to know. You will receive a full and comprehensive introduction to the wider industry and will develop a good understanding of how to make a success of your career as a transport manager.
This is an online course that provides students with the unique ability to follow the curriculum in their own time and at their own pace. Most students are able to manage working full time and still complete this course in a reasonable timeframe, although there is no limit on how long students can take.
After completion of the course, you will be awarded your Transport Management Diploma certificate. This certificate can be downloaded and printed at home, or we can post it to your home address for a small additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The Transport Management Diploma course has been written to provide students with a full, comprehensive overview of how to become a transport manager, and their role, and will set you on the road to a successful career in the industry.
This course will cover:
- An overview of transport management
- The skills and attributes of a successful transport manager
- The sectors that require transport management
- The ongoing challenges within the transport industry
- A guide to the UK transport infrastructure, including road, rail, water and aviation
- Bidding for the rights to operate passenger services
- Guidance on safely operating freight services nationally and internationally
- Health and safety requirements within the transport industry
- National and international transport regulations
Benefits of the Transport Management Diploma
Taking the Transport Management Diploma course offers a range of benefits to students. These include:
- The option to study from any location, whether at home or away, and at times to suit your schedule
- Studying at your own pace, with no deadlines or time limits for completing the course
- Use any internet enabled device to study, from mobile phones to tablets, to computers
- Short modules make reading and studying easy and enjoyable
- A thorough and comprehensive syllabus that helps to guarantee that you develop the knowledge necessary to facilitate work in transport management
- Earning a certified and recognised diploma
- A cost that is affordable to all.
- What is transport management - its definition, its purpose and its key principles
- The different sectors that require transport management
- The important personal attributes, skills and knowledge needed to be a transport manager
- The challenges faced by the transport industry in the UK
- The road infrastructure in the UK, the types of roads and their usage
- The organisations that manage the British road infrastructure
- The challenges presented by the current infrastructure and strategies to combat them
- The rail infrastructure and the bodies involved in its operation and management
- The inland waterways infrastructure in the UK, its usage and the organisations that manage them
- The port infrastructure in the UK, usage and the organisations that manage them
- The airport infrastructure in the UK, usage and the organisations that manage them
- The challenges presented by the current infrastructures and strategies to combat them
- Definitions of common terms used in road freight haulage
- The role of the Transport Manager in the road freight haulage sector and their legal responsibilities
- How companies apply for road freight haulage licences and who issues them
- National and European regulations relating to the safe operation of road haulage
- How bus services are operated in the UK and the organisations involved
- How to apply for a Public Service Operator’s licence
- How to apply to operate bus routes and the requirements
- The role of the Transport Manager in the process
- Who operates passenger rail services in the UK
- How passenger rail services are franchised to operators
- The role of the Transport Manager in passenger rail, from tender through to operation
- An overview of the rail freight industry and its stakeholders
- Types of international and domestic ports and the services that they offer
- The national and international organisations involved with ocean freight shipping
- The documentation required for international freight shipping
- The inland waterway system in the UK and its stakeholders
- An overview of the UK aviation stakeholders and the different types of passenger flights
- The flight operations that a transport manager is responsible for
- Crew rostering and the hours that aircrew are permitted to work
- Route planning and the different factors involved
- The role of the Transport Manager and achieving best practice
- The trends and challenges facing the transportation industry
- The information that a Transport Manager requires, to maximise efficiency and economy
- The strategies that a Transport Manager can utilise, to achieve best practice
- Why health and safety is important in the transport industry
- The role of the transport manager in health and safety
- The organisations involved with health and safety, both in the UK and abroad and the sectors they are responsible for
- The basics of health and safety requirements, which apply regardless of industry
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Transport Management Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Transport Management Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention