- Course Code: UKFEC17WPD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £100.00
- Qualification: WordPress Diploma
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
This comprehensive WordPress course is the ideal companion for those who want to learn more about setting up and managing their own website and master the key skills that they need to use the main functionalities of WordPress easily and effectively.
Consisting of thirty interactive video-based modules, the course will equip you with all the knowledge and information that you need to hit the ground running and begin working with WordPress with ease.
Upon completion of the course content, you will feel confident in using and operating the WordPress site and will have a good grasp of the key features and tools that you need to create a professional and effective website, whatever your purpose.
What You Will Learn
The course covers these key areas in detail, plus much more.
- An overview of the key features of WordPress and how to install it to your PC
- How to navigate around the WordPress site, including familiarisation with the Updates and Settings areas and how to use and create Menus
- How to create, manage and publish posts on your website, including how to use the preview function
- Using categories and tags to organise your website, including how to create a new category and how to categorise and add tags to posts
- How to create and publish new pages in your website, including adding headings, media and content
- How to install, customise and manage website themes, including formatting text and inserting lists, links and tables
- Working with the Media Centre, including making the best use of images and videos on your website and working with photo galleries and sliders
- How to administer permissions for different types of user on your WordPress site
- Using widgets and customising them to enhance the look and feel of your website
- Choosing and installing the most appropriate Plugins for your site
- Managing user comments and contact forms
Benefits of the Course
- New users to WordPress will benefit from the all-encompassing scope of the course and the practical application that it offers.
- Students with some existing working knowledge of WordPress will find that this course enhances their knowledge and allows them to further access and work with additional functionalities and features of the site.
- The step by step video clearly structures the learning pace throughout each of the thirty easy to follow modules.
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace.
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines.
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the WordPress Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 30 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 30 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 30 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the WordPress Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention