- Course Code: UKMEC17ZEN
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Qualification: Zen Gardening Certificate
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Zen Gardening Certificate
We have created this Zen Gardening course to give students all the information they require to build and care for a Zen garden. When you complete this course, you will know all you need to know about creating a Zen garden as well as how to keep it up over the years.
The course contains topics ranging from understanding Zen and Buddhism to general garden maintenance and pest control. We have worked to ensure that this course allows you to create a Zen garden that you will love, and one that you can care for year after year.
The course is totally online and offers students a convenient way to work through the course material that works best for their personal schedules. Students can continue to work full time while taking the course.
By taking the Zen Gardening course, you will have access to the course materials from any internet-enabled device, including mobile phones, computers and tablets. You can also access our online support feature day or night.
When the course is completed, you will get a course certificate to show the successful completion of the course. The certificate can be downloaded and printed from home, or you can pay a small fee, and we can post it to you.
What You Will Learn
When this course is completed, you can easily create a Zen garden on your property. This course includes the following:
- A history of Zen gardening
- Understanding Zen
- What makes a garden Zen
- How Zen gardens create harmony
- Understanding the different elements of a Zen garden
- How yin and yang affect a Zen garden
- Understanding symbolism in a Zen garden
- Gravel in a Zen garden
- Creating a budget for a Zen garden
- Planning for a Zen garden
- Using Feng Shui in a Zen garden
- Laying a foundation for your Zen garden
- Putting plants in a Zen garden
- Symbolism in a Zen garden
- Water features in a Zen garden
- Tools required for a Zen garden
- Raking and maintaining a Zen garden
Benefits of the Zen Gardening Certificate
As you begin studying this Zen Gardening course, you will experience the following:
- The chance to study anywhere you wish, 24/7. You can study from anywhere that has an internet connection.
- No set time limit. This allows you to study when it is convenient for you. You can take days, weeks or months to complete the course.
- Study from any device with an internet connection, including tablets, mobiles and computers.
- An easy to understand course format that is divided into short modules. This keeps the study experience enjoyable.
- Online support that is accessible 24/7. This helps you to stay on track.
- Course training that includes activities, quizzes and worksheets.
- Your odds of success are improved when you create your own Zen garden.
- Earning a recognised certificate when finishing the course.
- Affordable course material.
How online learning can benefit you..
Who can take the Zen Gardening Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Zen Gardening Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.
What our students say ...
Learn with confidence
New Skills Academy work in association with industry experts including:
Get a Free Guide to Improve your Career Prospects
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and we will send you our latest news and offers, as well as free copy of our informative guide titled: The Ultimate Guide to Career Intervention